2d graphic in delphi - article in russian but read it . Its a comparison between diffrent libraries using DIB
Delphi libraries for 2d graphic:
by Gordy Alex Cowie ( his home page is inactive )
examples of use
FastLIB is a graphics toolkit for all 32-bit versions of Delphi. It consists of object pascal wrappers for the windows bitmap and directdraw surface API, and utility units containing methods for digital effects, filters, drawing routines, etc. The objects - TFastBMP, TFast256, and TFastDDB are inherited from the base class TFastRGB which is abstract. There is also a VCL encapsulation of TFastRGB, TFastIMG, which can automatically select which object to use based on the screen resolution and whether or not directx is installed.
- graphics32 by Alex Denissov
- TinyTpc Prometheus Truecolor (PTC) library
- PixeLook library
powerful set of components for Delphi 6 for creating professional-looking image and 2D-data processing applications. PixeLook`s ease of use makes it particularly suitable for developers who need to create professional-quality image and data processing applications quickly and easily. Many components in the library do not require writing a code - they are ready to use straight after visually adjusting their properties.
- JEDI VCL consists of a large collection (currently ca 500) visual and non-visual components which can be instantly reused in your Delphi, Kylix and C++ Builder projects.
- win 32 API
- Using the Open Source Developers Image Library with an inherited OpenDialog
below are 3d libraries with 2d graphic support ( but they are more difficult)
- Direct x
- Cg ( !!!!) If you want to write GPGPU = programs for GPU
- SDL Simple DirectMedia Layer is a cross-platform multimedia library designed to provide low level access to audio, keyboard, mouse, joystick, 3D hardware via OpenGL, and 2D video framebuffer.
Feel free to e-mail me!
Autor: Adam Majewski adammaj1-at-o2-dot-pl
Character Coding - Central European ISO-8859-2